When we talk about essential car parts, you can’t keep headlights out of the list. Headlights are the parts by which we see others at night, and other drivers can see us. For several reasons, a good headlight bulb is essential. If your car’s headlight bulbs are not in good condition, you can simultaneously face a lot of trouble and risk. A pair of damaged bulbs can be a cause of a severe accident. Today we are talking about the 2017 Hyundai Elantra Headlight bulb Replacement.
Let’s look at when we should replace them and how we can replace them.
Hyundai Elantra carries a high-intensity halogen headlight system. The system is tightly packed with two bulbs on each side, one is high beam and one is lower beam. If you have any of these bulbs in bad condition, you should consider replacing them. Otherwise, it can cause risk. But how can you perform A 2017 Hyundai Elantra headlight bulb replacement? You can go for a professional mechanic, but if you want to do it yourself, then all you need to do is follow these easy steps to save money from a traffic ticket.
- First, you have to know which bulb is burned out. Each side has two bulbs, the higher beams, and the lower beams.
- Make sure to turn your vehicle off.
- Open the hood and jack it with the holders.
- You have to locate the headlight holder.
- Just disconnect all three power wires in the usual manner.
- Remove the bulb cover from the bulb you want to replace. Just turn the lid clockwise and pull it off.
- Remove the damaged bulb by rotating it anti-clockwise.
- Put the new bulb inside the assembly and lock it in its place.
- Turn the headlights on and test it.
When Is It High Time for A 2017 Hyundai Elantra Headlight Bulb Replacement?
Headlights are more important than taillights. However, you should regularly change a broken tail light bulb or headlight. But what are the ideal situations for replacing a headlight bulb?
- You should replace a headlight bulb after an average of 2000-3000 hours.
- If the emitted light from the bulbs is not enough to see clearly in the dark, consider replacing them.
- When the headlights start to flicker, you should check them.
- If any headlight bulbs are burned out or the lens is broken, you should change them.
If facing any of these issues with your Elantra, you should change your Hyundai Elantra Headlights. Also, if you have a broken tail light cover then read our following blog – How to fix a broken tail light cover?
- You have to make sure about the new one’s brightness. It should be bright enough to make your surroundings visible.
- You should look after the battery consumption.
- Test the headlights first to know about their color temperature, whether it’s white, off-white, or yellow.
- Check the headlight’s compatibility with your car.
A 2017 Hyundai Elantra uses a Sylvania-9005 Basic halogen headlight bulb in itself.
The average cost of the Hyundai Elantra Headlight Replacement is between $62-$73.
Labor charges approximately go around $26-$33, and the parts cost between $35-$40.
Now, if we discuss from where you can get it, then it is assured that you can get it from several sources. Either, you can go for local shops or dealers or, you can get it from many trusted online websites like Car Part Shop. It is a trusted website that sells used car parts that are in good condition.
You can also install an aftermarket headlight. Aftermarket headlight means the headlights that are not installed by the manufacturer on the vehicle but work with it. If you want to buy the best aftermarket headlights you can surely try many brands that are already available in the market.
In the end, probably everyone has realized how much important headlights are. Faulty headlights can cause you a life risk. That’s why replacing the headlights of your 2017 Hyundai Elantra is important.
Frequently Asked Questions
A 2017 Hyundai Elantra gives light with the help of its Sylvania-9005 Basic Halogen Headlight Bulb.
As this car uses halogen headlights, the pair generally costs between $62-$73. Labor charges approximately go around $26-$33, and the parts cost between $35-$40.
Yes, you can upgrade Elantra headlights to LED. but it should be less bright than 3000 Lumens. Otherwise, it will be counted as illegal.
The emitted light from each of the headlamps should not go beyond 2513 Lumens.