It’s important to maintain your car in a top-class performing condition. But we don’t have time to keep track of what is getting wrong in our car or when it requires an inspection or maintenance. So, for that, modern cars are equipped with maintenance lights. It is a highly helpful feature that prevents costly and catastrophic breakdowns. In the following blog, our main objective is to make you aware of the process of how to reset the maintenance light of a Toyota Camry 2007.
The flashing maintenance light (MAINT REQD) of the Toyota Camry serves as a reminder to have your car serviced in the due interval. Let’s find out how to recorrect the 2007 camry maintenance light.
Procedure to Reset Maintenance Light Toyota Camry 2007
This light will illuminate when your car’s computer determines that it requires maintenance, such as an oil change or a tire rotation. However, if your 2007 camry maintenance light does not turn off after three seconds or more, then you have a little problem. It is an indication that your electrical system is malfunctioning.
Fortunately, if you are familiar with basic vehicle electrical systems, you can easily reset the maintenance light of the Toyota Camry 2007. When you see this reminder light in your dashboard, follow the directions below to reset it.
- Verify that the odometer’s (ODO) total mileage display—typically the ‘A’ display—is on.
- Make sure to turn the car off.
- The trip meter button, which is next to the odometer, should be depressed and held in.
- Turn the ignition to run one position before starting the engine. The car won’t start, but the dashboard lights will come on.
- Hold down the knob while continuing to press and hold it until the trip meter reads “000000.” The dashboard lights will not turn off unless the trip odometer button is pressed. It will take five to ten seconds to do this.
- If there is a green light, then it indicates that the Toyota Camry maintenance light is reset.
- Now, start your car. If the light is OFF, the process is complete.
- However, if an orange light is still on, then repeat the above steps.
- However, if your maintenance light does not turn off even after the procedure or re-filling engine oil, then take it to any mechanic shop or Toyota official service center.
What is the Purpose of Maintenance Required Light?
The car parts require inspection, servicing, and repair after driving certain miles.
Maintaining your car’s regularly scheduled maintenance is crucial to ensuring that it continues to run safely, smoothly, and efficiently. Toyota recommends that you go for regular maintenance after covering 5000 miles every time. You should check for
- An oil change
- Brake Servicing
- Change of filters
- Tire Rotations
- Wheel Alignments
- Battery Check
The maintenance light indicates only the necessary maintenance schedule. It does not signal any form of engine malfunction or transmission problem. Without routine maintenance, vehicles may experience power loss, unplanned breakdowns, and even become dangerous to drive. As they age, your maintenance required light of Toyota camry 2007 more often illuminates. They also require repairs more frequently since their performance levels degrade. Irregular maintenance of oil filter may consequently decrease the engine performance. It would ultimately result in engine replacement. Thus, regular inspection and servicing is important.
Frequently Asked Questions
The maintenance light in the Toyota Camry 2007 is available on the dashboard near the steering wheel. You will find it on the left of the speedometer.
Within 5000 miles of the last reset, the “MAINT REQD” indicator illuminates. It is merely a mileage counter, and it serves as a reminder to the user that an oil change is necessary. It does not indicate any system failure.
The very first maintenance you should consider is taking a filter change and oil change. Apart from that, ensure that all your wheels are in alignment and brakes are in the best working condition.
The maintenance light will immediately turn off when you top off the engine oil. Press and wait for five seconds the select/reset knob until the warning light changes from MAINT REQD to OIL LIFE SET 100% to reset it.